Studio Rules & Policies
Exceleration Studios is proud to offer a dance education that includes fun, creativity, discipline, and respect for all who are involved. We have strict guidelines for class participation, so please go over these rules and policies with your child. We make every effort to offer all our students and their families an organized and friendly experience. Your signature on the Registration Form acknowledges that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by our rules and policies at Exceleration Studios.
Rules for Students
• No talking while the teacher is talking
• No sitting down in class unless the teacher says so
• Keep hands to self
• Please do not touch the mirrors or the windows
• No hanging on the barres
• Keep tap shoes quiet when teacher is talking
• No street shoes on the dance floor
• Dance shoes are not to be worn outside so make sure you have other shoes to come and go with
• Ask teacher before using bathroom
• Electronic devices are to be put away while in class
• No food or drinks in the studios or lobby (water o.k.)
• No chewing gum in the studios or lobby
• No running in the studios, halls, or lobby
• No jumping on/off furniture in the halls or lobby
• You must stay in Exceleration Studios until your parent comes to pick you up
1. Students not meeting the required dress code will not be permitted into class.
2. Hair must be neatly secured off the face and neck for all classes. Hair must be in a secure and neat
bun for ballet.
3. Students should arrive dressed for class with all necessary accessories and shoes in a dance bag. The
student’s name should be on every item, especially shoes and bags. Exceleration Studios is not responsible
for lost, stolen or misplaced items, including any valuables such as phones, iPods, money, or toys.
4. All lost & found items will be donated after 30 days. Please check the box located in the bottom right of the
• Neat & Secure Bun for Ballet
• Ponytail for Tap and Jazz
• Hair must be pulled away
from face for all classes
Tap / Jazz Girls:
• Leotards / Dance Shorts /
Tights / Leggings / Jazz Pants
• Black Slip-On Jazz Shoes
• Black “Mary-Jane” style (Tiny
Tots, Mini & groups 1/2)
or Black “Lace Up” style Tap
Shoes (Groups 3/4/5)
• **NO JEANS/SWEATS**
• Solid Colored Leotard
• Itty Bitty, Tiny Tots & Mini-Ballet – leotards with attached skirts allowed
• Pink Ballet Tights
• Pink Ballet Shoes:
Leather Full-Sole (Itty Bitty, Tiny
Tots, Mini & groups 1/2) or Split-
Sole Canvas (groups 3/4/5)
• **NO TUTUS / SWEATS**
Contemporary / Lyrical:
• Leotards / Crop Tops / Tights /
Leggings / Dance Shorts
• Barefoot or Half-Soled Lyrical
Shoes (Leather Half-Soled Lyrical work best on our wood floors.
• Comfortable Clothes
• NEW Sneakers (black, white,
grey, or tan soles ONLY)
• **NO JEANS**
Tap / Jazz Boys:
• Any Color Knee Length Shorts
• T-Shirts / Tank Tops
• Black "Lace-Up" style Tap Shoes /
Black "Lace-Up" style Jazz Shoes
• Black Knee Length Shorts
• White T-shirt / Tank Top
• Black Ballet Shoes
1. If dropping off your child, please make sure they enter Exceleration Studios.
2. For the safety of your child and courtesy of the teacher and other classes, please be sure to pick up your
3. Please do not allow any children to run around or play in the hallway, lobby, outside walkway, or parking lot.
4. No climbing or standing on the couches or armchairs in lobby.
5. No touching or banging on the studio windows.
6. No climbing is allowed on outside railing.
7. If you are more than 5 minutes late picking up your child after our last class for the night, you will be charged
$1/per minute. This charge will be applied to your next month’s tuition.
Tuition, Absences, & Make-Ups
1. We fully understand that students enroll in other activities. However, we expect a level of commitment from
each student in order for them to progress and develop within their class. If classes are missed due to a
student taking on other commitments, then their place in dance class may not be guaranteed. This is very
important during recital preparation.
2. Registration and payment for tuition will be done online via Studio Pulse. Payment can also be made at
studio if necessary. Tuition is due prior to the 1st of each month and is considered late by the 5th of the
month. A $20 late fee will be charged for all tuition that is paid after the 5th of the month.
3. Students may be asked to sit out of a class if tuition is not received by the 5th of the month.
4. There will be a $25 charge for any returned checks. After 2 returned checks, you will be required to pay all
monies due in cash or money order.
5. Tuition is based on a four week month. Tuition will be the same whether it is a three, four or five week month.
6. Once registered, student class placement is considered reserved for the season (providing tuition is paid on
time) and it is expected to be a financial commitment for the season.
7. If a student wishes to withdraw from any class, Exceleration Studios should be notified in writing 2 weeks in
advance of leaving. Tuition must be paid during the 2 week notification period.
8. There will be NO REFUNDS or CREDITS for missed classes, vacations, holidays or illness. Classes missed
due to injury, illness, or vacation may be made up within 14 days following the absence if Exceleration
Studios has been contacted before the absence occurred. Missed classes can be made up in another class
of similar age and level, providing there is room available in the class. To be fair to all students and avoid
overcrowding, all make-ups must first be approved by the office.
9. If at least 5 children are not enrolled in a class, the class may be cancelled per the discretion of Exceleration
10. Exceleration Studios is closed for the following holidays: Sept. 4, Oct. 31, Nov. 22-25, Dec. 22-31, Jan. 1-6,
Mar. 19-24, and May 28.
1. Students must arrive at least 10 minutes before class. Teachers reserve the right to prevent a student from
participating if they are late for class. Please be courteous to the other students and have your child to class
on time. If more than 15 minutes late (without notice) your child will not be allowed to participate in class and
no make-ups will be allowed.
2. No chewing gum, food or drinks (other than water) are allowed in either the studio, lobby, or bathrooms. This
also pertains to siblings and adults not taking classes. If you must eat, please do so outside.
3. Please do not send younger children to class with toys or wearing tutus or costumes. This is unfair to other
students who abide by the dress code.
4. The lobby is available to parents while students are attending class and to students waiting for their class to
begin. Please keep the lobby quiet during classes.
5. All young children must be supervised by a responsible adult. Exceleration Studios is not responsible for any
injuries or for children left unsupervised before or after class.
6. In order for instructors to keep your child’s attention in class, please do not let your presence distract the
dancers (including your own child). Parents of young children should not hang out at the studio windows as
this is very distracting to the students and teacher in the class. It encourages the children to look to the
parents and not focus on the teacher. It can also make the more anxious child upset if their parent is not
7. Please make sure your child has gone to the bathroom right before class.
8. Laurie & Verna are approachable & sensitive to any questions or concerns that may arise. We are always available to speak with parents or students. Please direct all questions or concerns to Laurie or Verna. Do not approach the
1. All registered students will have the opportunity to participate in Exceleration Studios Annual Recital. This
professional presentation is the chance for students to showcase their hard work. Exceleration Studios
Annual Recital will be Saturday, June 2nd at 2:00pm. Participation is optional, but highly recommended.
2. Costume and Recital Fees will be paid for by parents either before or during the month of December. All
costumes will be ordered during the month of January. All students will be measured and orders are placed
only for costumes paid in full at the time of ordering, NO EXCEPTIONS. Costume payments do not include
tights or shoes. Costume Fees are $65 per dance, tights are $5/ea, Recital Fee is $40 per student. There are
NO refunds. Tickets to Recital are an additional cost.
3. If a student is absent for more than three (3) classes during the months of March-May, they may not participate
in the recital. (Exceptions will be made for illness.)
4. All recital participants must attend all rehearsals and dress rehearsals. You will not be charged for this final week
of recital preparation. Rehearsals at studio will be May 29, 30, & 31, time TBD. Rehearsal at Burbank High School
Auditorium will be June 1. Recital at Burbank High Auditorium will be June 2. Please mark these dates and times on
your calendar now.
5. All accounts must be settled and dues paid in full by May 1st. A student will not be allowed to participate in
the recital if their account still has an outstanding balance after May 15th.